Powered By Blogger

Best Tarantino Film?

Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button by Patrick




"Did I ever tell you I was struck by lightning seven times?"

Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett star in David Fincher's (Fight Club, Zodiac) adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald's short story about a man that is born in the form of an old man and as he ages - he gets younger. It's a very emotional story told in a Forrest Gump esque fashion (probably because the writer also wrote Forrest Gump!) but with a few different dtwists of course. Great acting, beautiful cinematography, and music abound. I loved it, even though it's a bit long, but if I may quote Roger Ebert...."No good movie is too long, and no bad movie is too short." I'd love to see it pick up a few Oscars.

9/10

No comments: